Avery is giving away a digital book from her backlist – winner’s choice!
Bring On The Joy! by Avery Flynn
“Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!” – Auntie Mame
I’m not gonna lie, 2016 was a rough year in a lot of ways. So in 2017, I hope we get to have a little more joy in our lives—a case of the giggles that don’t stop, a moment when you look around and can’t help but say, “Damn, I’m lucky,” and that light feeling that makes the rest of the world seem like a better place than it was yesterday.
How to make that happen? I can’t promise it will work, but here’s what I’m planning to do:
- Change the things I can.
- Find a way around the things I can’t.
- Do more of what makes me happy.
- Get better at saying no to what doesn’t — if I can. Unfortunately, if I won’t groceries in the fridge some things have to get done.
- Remember that others success isn’t my failure.
- Not let myself work all the time. This is a big one for me.
- Stop expecting massive results immediately.
- Be a little nicer to myself.
- Accept that some things are not going to happen as planned and that’s OK.
- Think happy thoughts—with a healthy dash of sarcasm and snark, of course, because it is me. 😉
So what is the number one thing you can do to bring more joy into your life in 2017? Answer in the comments and you’ll be entered to win a digital book from my backlist – winner’s choice!
She was a reader before she was a writer and hopes to always be both. She loves to write about smartass alpha heroes who are as good with a quip as they are with their *ahem* other God-given talents. Her heroines are feisty, fierce and fantastic. Brainy and brave, these ladies know how to stand on their own two feet and knock the bad guys off theirs.