The Love In Bloom Extravaganza will feature an author a day from 3/30 – 5/16/12. Daily book give aways and a GRAND PRIZE of a Nook Touch or Kindle Touch ($99 gift cert for INT) See form at end of post for details.
Susan Mallery: Seven Things I Love about Spring
7. Longer days. I can’t really say “more sun,” since we don’t see more than mere glimpses of the sun here in Seattle until the summer solstice. But the sun is there, highlighting the gray clouds from behind, and I appreciate the dim light lasting a little longer each day.
6. Fresh, happy colors. I’m talking, of course, about the colors of the new spring collections at the mall.
5. New purse. Otherwise, my new clothes would make my purse look shabby!
4. New haircut. See above.
3. Fresh groom for my dog. Nikki deserves a fresh new look as much as I do. In the spring, her groomer puts on a pretty green bandana with little white flowers. I swear, Nikki prances when she wears it!
2. Cherry blossom trees. I’m an inside girl, so I don’t usually get all quivery about trees. But in the spring here in Seattle, the cherry blossom trees are so breathtaking that even I can appreciate them.
1. Baseball … Just kidding.
The real #1 reason I love Spring? New spring reads. Those I really love. Today, May 1, I have released a Fool’s Gold ebook exclusive novella called ALMOST SUMMER, which will lead up to the release of four brand new Fool’s Gold books in June, July, August, and October.
Why do you Love Spring?
One lucky commenter will win a 2012 Fool’s Gold: Cowboy Country calendar, plus the Fool’s Gold backlist book of the winner’s choice (print and US only). Winner will be selected using random.org on 5/4.
ALMOST SUMMER Blurb:
Ever since she was young, Paige McLean has longed to see the world. Still, she never imagined the world would land on her doorstep in the form of a charming British surgeon who needs a place to stay when his plans fall through.
After a devastating loss, Alistair Woodbury has vowed to live his life alone. But in all his travels, he hasn’t encountered a town as welcoming as Fool’s Gold, nor a woman as caring – or as beautiful – as Paige. Her compassion warms him almost as much as their stolen kisses.
When it’s Alistair’s time to leave, will his brief visit turn into a lifetime stay?
If you don’t have an ereader, you don’t have to miss out – Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Sony eReader all offer free software so that you can read ebooks on your computer. Here are links where you can get the free software:
Kindle for PC: http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/ref=kcp_pc_mkt_lnd?docId=1000426311
New York Times bestselling author Susan Mallery has entertained millions of readers with her witty and emotional stories about women and the relationships that move them. Publisher’s Weekly calls Susan’s prose “luscious and provocative,” and Booklist says, “Novels don’t get much better than Mallery’s expert blend of emotional nuance, humor and superb storytelling.” While Susan appreciates the critical praise, she is most honored by the enthusiastic readers who write to tell her that her books made them laugh, made them cry, and made the world a happier place to live. Susan lives in Seattle with her husband and her tiny but intrepid toy poodle. She’s there for the coffee, not the weather.