One of my wonderful Christmas memories was the trip I took with my family to the Riverwalk in San Antonio, Texas. There were lights everywhere, and it looked magical! The coach in this photo reminds me of the pumpkin Cinderalla rode in to go the ball. There was a family riding inside, and the way the little girl’s face was lit up, I knew she felt like a princess. And that felt like Christmas to me– making wonderful memories with your family, and the magical feeling of knowing that wishes can come true.
Kerrelyn is the Best Selling author of the Love at Stake series. If you haven’t tried it out you really should, she has me laughing so hard tears roll down my face and I always finish her books in one setting I just can’t put them down!!! Visit Kerrelyn’s web-site and check out her Vampire World
|San Antonio Riverwalk at Christmas|
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 pound orange slice candy, cut into pieces
- 2 cups rolled oats
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
• In a large bowl, cream sugars, shortening and butter. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well. Add vanilla and milk; stir to combine.
• Combine (in another bowl) flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Add this to the sugar-butter mixture.
• When just blended, add walnuts, candy slices and oats. Combine.
• Drop the batter by rounded teaspoons onto an ungreased cookie sheet and bake until the cookies edges brown. Approx. 12 minutes.
• Take care not to overcook; the cookies should be slightly chewy. Oh my, what big teeth you have!
• If your paws are not insulated with fur (like Granny Werewolf), please be sure to use your oven mitts!
Toni Davis’s Christmas wish list
1. Springing my best friend from the psych ward.
2. Living somewhere that doesn’t have coffins in the basement. Occupied coffins.
3. Finding Mr. Right. Please make him tall, dark, handsome, and alive.
This Christmas isn’t so merry for Toni. Her best friend’s been locked up in a mental hospital ever since she told the police she was attacked by vampires, and the only way for Toni to get her out is to prove that bloodsuckers really do exist. So she’s taken a job as a bodyguard for the Undead, but she gets more than she bargained for, especially when she meets Ian MacPhie, a Scottish rascal looking for Ms. Right.
Although Ian’s nearly five centuries old, he looks and acts like a twenty-seven-year-old hunk.
How can a dead man be so damn sexy? Could Mr. Wrong be Mr. Right? One forbidden kiss could lead to an eternity of passion—and all it takes is one moment under the mistletoe .
WE LOVE WHEN YOU LEAVE COMMENTS…To leave a comment click on comments a page will pop up for you to leave your comment. Thank you!!